Sunday 4 November 2012

Time For Yogi Berra Quotes

"The future ain't what it used to be." Yogi Berra

"I don't mean to be funny." Yogi Berra

"He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious." Yogi Berra

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours." Yogi Berra

"In baseball, you don't know nothing." Yogi Berra

"Even Napoleon had his Watergate." Yogi Berra

"We have deep depth." Yogi Berra

"I don't like seeing myself on television. I don't like it." Yogi Berra

"Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken." Yogi Berra

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra

Yogi Berra Quotes
Yogi Berra in 1956.

Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra (born May 12, 1925) is a former American Major League Baseball catcher, outfielder, and manager. He played almost his entire 19-year baseball career (1946–1965) for the New York Yankees. Berra is one of only four players to be named the Most Valuable Player of the American League three times and is one of seven managers to lead both American and National League teams to the World Series. As a player, coach, or manager, Berra appeared in 21 World Series. He was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1972.

Berra is widely regarded as one of the greatest catchers in baseball history. According to the win shares formula developed by sabermetrician Bill James, Berra is the greatest catcher of all time and the 52nd greatest non-pitching player in major-league history.

Berra, who quit school after the eighth grade, has a tendency toward clever quips. "It ain't over 'til it's over" is arguably his most famous example, often quoted. Simultaneously denying and confirming his reputation, Berra once stated, "I really didn't say everything I said."
Read more about Yogi Berra at Wikipedia

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six." Yogi Berra

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded." Yogi Berra

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra

"Almost every Monday I have a charity thing. I like that. I do." Yogi Berra

"All pitchers are liars or crybabies." Yogi Berra

"I always thought that record would stand until it was broken." Yogi Berra

"I'm a lucky guy and I'm happy to be with the Yankees. And I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary." Yogi Berra

"I just want to thank everyone who made this day necessary." Yogi Berra

"I tell the kids, somebody's gotta win, somebody's gotta lose. Just don't fight about it. Just try to get better." Yogi Berra

"So I'm ugly. So what? I never saw anyone hit with his face." Yogi Berra

"He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious." Yogi Berra Quotes

"If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer." Yogi Berra

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore." Yogi Berra

"I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four." Yogi Berra

"How can you think and hit at the same time?" Yogi Berra

"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." Yogi Berra

"I think Little League is wonderful. It keeps the kids out of the house." Yogi Berra

"It's pretty far, but it doesn't seem like it." Yogi Berra

"There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell 'em." Yogi Berra

"The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase." Yogi Berra

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." Yogi Berra

"If people don't want to come out to the ball park, nobody's gonna stop 'em." Yogi Berra

"Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical." Yogi Berra

"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." Yogi Berra

"Slump? I ain't in no slump... I just ain't hitting." Yogi Berra

"We made too many wrong mistakes." Yogi Berra

"It ain't the heat, it's the humility." Yogi Berra

"If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be." Yogi Berra

"It's fun; baseball's fun." Yogi Berra

"You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you." Yogi Berra

"Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets." Yogi Berra

"It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra

"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra

"I guess I've got a smart wife." Yogi Berra

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra

"I didn't know much about golf growing up." Yogi Berra

"If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else." Yogi Berra

"Half the lies they tell about me aren't true." Yogi Berra

"I enjoy now doing what I do... playing golf, relaxing a little, enjoying life." Yogi Berra

"I'm glad I was in the Navy." Yogi Berra

"You can observe a lot by just watching." Yogi Berra

"When you arrive at a fork in the road, take it. - Yogi Berra

"I never said most of the things I said." Yogi Berra

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win." Yogi Berra

"I'm a lucky guy and I'm happy to be with the Yankees. And I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary." Yogi Berra

"It gets late early out there." Yogi Berra

"It's like deja-vu, all over again." Yogi Berra

"If you get a guy that can play a couple positions, it helps you out a real lot." Yogi Berra

"I was in the invasion of Normandy in southern France." Yogi Berra

1 comment:

  1. Too good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend sajid, bangalore,i have read atleast 11 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your web-page gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new post, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, bob marley quotes

    ReplyDelete